Paint Correction Melbourne Packages
This detail is designed to correct major paint defects and maximise the visual appeal of bodywork, and is recommended for poorly maintained vehicles of all ages that have acquired heavy swirl marks and light scratches over time. Includes a multi stage machine polishing process, which removes a small percentage of the uppermost layer of paint on the car and reveals a fresh layer of unblemished paint beneath, even on Ceramic Clear Coats that are designed to be a scratch resistant Clear. Providing a Permanent & Flawless Finish – Melbourne’s Car Detailing Professional.
We can usually guarantee correction of 95% of paint defects present, although total paint thickness and defect severity are sometimes limiting factors. By restoring the condition of the bodywork to near perfect condition, the high cost of this detail is usually largely offset by the positive effect on the residual value of the vehicle in question.
The entire procedure typically takes between 3-40 hours (depending on the size of the vehicle being treated) necessitating that the work is spread over one to five full days, although large estate cars and 4×4 vehicles may have to remain an extra day in some cases. View HD VIDEO (Paint Correction on BMW E92 M3)
What is Paint Correction?
Paint Correction is a process of abrasively polishing or evening out the clear coat to remove layers of paint generally 1-2 microns (your paint is generally 120-180 microns). In most cases, scratches, swirl marks, buffer marks, micro-marring, and holograms are entirely removed from the paint surface, this includes newer Ceramic Clears used and previously applied Ceramic Sealants.
This also restores dull or faded paintwork to its original glory, as light can be perfectly reflected from this newly un-oxidised and re-levelled surface, before any polishes, cleansers and waxes are applied. Customers who have experienced this service often compare its effect to a full respray – at a fraction of the cost and inconvenience. And some have even said that the paintwork looks better than when it was new.
Paint Correction vs Cut & Polishing.
Cut & Polishing rids defects of up to 75%. With Coarse Compounds still acting the same way as Cut & Polishing, Paint Correcting combines the techniques, equipment and Polishes to Increase defect removal of up to 95%.
Bringing out lights which we will correct your car under 3000 Lumen LED lights to ensure a maximum paint correction.
Technology has also changed the face of Cut & Polishing as traditional methods of Cut & Polishing really refers to the conventional Flat Colours and Acrylic 2 Pak Paints. As Cars get more sophisticated, so do their clear coats, and with many different types of makes and models, you should choose a company that has the experience in handling all types of Paintwork.
This service is provided on a one-to-one basis, to help you decide the level of application your car requires or to assess the standard of your car’s paintwork. New cars, for example, can be inspected for paint defects before collection.
On arrival, the following schedule will apply:
Digital Paintwork Readings
Paint levels will be measured in microns, Daniel will also confirm what techniques will be required to remove any paint/clear coat defects. At this point, you can find out if panels have been resprayed. (EPDG – POSITECTOR DELFESCO – Calibrated in New York)
As part of the Detail demonstration, a panel of the car, usually one the bonnet, will be washed down, decontaminated, corrected to see result of expectations.
An explanation of paintwork preparation, rejuvenation and protection techniques, with a review of further treatments such as interior care. A guide to cleaning your vehicle(s) correctly will follow, to ensure that you do not introduce light scratches or swirl marks once the paintwork has been corrected.
The Ultimate Detailer is Happy to meet you to discuss your Detail and show you a 50/50 Demonstration to show you the expected outcome. Process usually Takes 1 Hour at $80.00 (GST inclusive)
Ultimate Concours Paint Correction Detail
Recommended for Flawless Paintwork Restoration
- Thorough High Pressure Rinse
- We start out by using a water foaming wash procedure to safely remove all traces of loose dirt and grime from the bodywork, shuts, wheels and arches.
- Exterior Body Swirl Safe Wash Mitten with Ph Neutral Shampoo
- We then chemically treat and clay the paint and exterior glass to remove any bonded surface contaminants such as tar spots and tree sap, which leaves these surfaces feeling perfectly smooth.
- After drying, we then pat down the car with 100% Cotton Deep Pile Towels
- The bodywork is then carefully polished by machine using a selection of ultra fine polishes, in order to correct major paint defects and maximise surface gloss in readiness for protection.
- Typically we can go anywhere from 1 Stage – 5 Stages of Paintwork Correction (Will Be Inspected on Consultation)
- ***** (Depending on Clear coat thickness- will be measured by EPDG – Electronic Paint Depth Gauge) Spot/Dry Wet Sanding areas to remove deeper scratches and defects.
- Compounds and Polishes contain no Fillers, Silicone, Waxes or Ammonia.
- *****Optional – Layers of Opti-Coat Paint Protection is applied Paint Protection Ceramic Layering
- Light Vacuum full interior including boot & all compartments
- Light Interior Detail
- Interior & exterior glass, vanity mirrors are cleaned
- We then complete the exterior detail by sealing the wheels and glass, dressing the tyres, trims, and polishing the exhaust tips.
- ***** Optional – Leather Feeding, Part of the Interior Detailing service, but can be specified separately. The leather is cleaned before being fed with a nutritive cream that protects and softens the hide.
- Check our Portfolio1, Portfolio2 or HD-VIDEOs
- Facebook Portfolio (Live Feed of updated/recent works)
POA**** (Based On Inspection)
Please Contact us to arrange a pre-inspection or quote.